What rules apply to our facilities?
Respecting our equipment and facilities
You are responsible for using our facilities correctly, including adjusting levels or settings of equipment (cardio or strength), maintaining the cleanliness of the facility and being courteous to other members. As a member our expectation is that you always take care of the facilities and leave them in a clean and tidy state.
Facility rules and policies are subject to change at any time and include approved notices and signs posted in the facility. For the health and safety of everyone in the facility, it is always your responsibility to know and follow these rules.
Your membership is subject to your behaviour within the centre and we reserve the right that should you at any time fail to observe the Facility Rules, we can revoke 24/7 access, and/or terminate your membership at any time without any requirement for a refund on your fees to be paid.
If you are not sure how to operate any exercise equipment, please ask our staff during staffed hours before you use it. Note that you will be responsible for any damage that you cause through a wilful act or negligence, this includes but is not limited to the correct handling of free weights.
Using our equipment
At all times we try to maintain our equipment to the highest standard and as a member and as a courtesy to other members you must:
- Use a clean towel on all equipment including exercise mats;
- Clean the equipment after use with the spray and paper towel provided;
- Not drop free weights on the floor or let the machine weights drop;
- Put all equipment and free weights away after use;
- Not stand on the exercise benches;
- Use the safety key when using treadmills;
- Always use the safety collars on olympic bars;
- Squats and pressing exercises with free weights must be performed within the power rack, or on the smith machine, when the facility is unstaffed;
- Not place additional free weights onto an exercise machine;
- Be courteous to other members on time spent on each machine and if requested equipment is to be shared with another member;
- Not throw, or swing free weights;
- If a piece of equipment breaks, please advise staff during staffed hours or email [email protected] so we can organise the repair;
- You must not use the equipment or facility under the influence of alcohol or drugs; smoking and vaping is prohibited in the facility at all times.
Please check with reception for specific rules and policies regarding youth rates, programs, and bringing children into the facility during staffed hours. Members under 14 years old may only attend the facility during staffed hours.
Using our bathrooms
As a courtesy to other members please:
- Limit your time in the bathroom to a maximum of 5 minutes;
- Please be water wise, limit showers to maximum 2 minutes;
- Do not stand on the toilet seats;
- Clean the toilet after use with toilet brush provided;
- Close the lid of the toilet after you have finished using it;
- Pull shower curtains closed when showering and clean up excess water;
- Do not block drains with towels or any other objects;
- Use sanitary bins provided
- Do not place any objects down the toilet;
- Keep bathrooms clean after your use;
- Be courteous to other members;
Bodyworx Fitness Centre is a 24/7 member only facility and is under 24/7 security video surveillance in all areas of the facility except for the bathrooms;
As a member you have the privilege of accessing our facilities 24/7 and in the best interest of your and other members safety and security you must:
- Never let a non-member into the centre outside of staffed hours – a fine of $50 will apply if you let a non-member in the door and 24/7 access may be revoked.
- Never let a member into the centre whose secure access tag is not working – a fine of $50 will apply if you let a member without a working secure access tag in the door and 24/7 access may be revoked.
- In the event of an emergency in the centre outside of staffed hours, you must ring 111 and follow emergency procedures.
Video security surveillance
We use video surveillance equipment to monitor the facility 24/7. Cameras are located inside and outside of the facility, except bathrooms.
As a member you acknowledge that you will be subject to being recorded by our video surveillance equipment.
Keeping your belongings safe
We provide open lockers you can use while you exercise but these are not security lockers. Please always keep your secure access tag with you while in the facility. Do not bring any valuables into the centre.
Unfortunately, thefts can happen. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings while you are at the centre or any belongings you leave in your car which is parked in our carpark.
If you leave any belongings in a locker overnight, we may remove them and place them in our lost property. We hold onto lost property only for one month.
If you have left any belongings at the centre you can advise a staff member during staffed hours or alternatively email [email protected]
We engage cleaners to clean our facilities daily. We try to ensure that this causes minimum disruption to our members, however we ask you to apply caution to your activities while the cleaning is in progress and take notice of safety signs.
If you have any concerns over the cleaning of the centre please email [email protected]
Wearing suitable clothing
All members and guests must wear suitable clothes and enclosed shoes in the centre and whilst performing any exercise. In respect of other members, you must:
- Not wear any clothes with offensive images, language or inappropriate advertising;
- Appropriate shoes must always be worn, no work boots, work shoes or bare feet are allowed when performing any exercise within the centre;
- Clothing must cover all personal anatomy and be of a suitable style as not to cause offense, regardless of personal tastes;
- Ensure your exercise shoes are clean when entering the centre (no mud etc)
- Ensure that your personal hygiene is of the highest standard and not to cause offense to other members;
- Denim Jeans are not to be worn when performing exercise of any kind in the centre or clothing with sharp or metal objects which potentially could damage our upholstery;
An AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and First Aid Kit is supplied for your use.
No training is required to use the AED, simply remove it from the case, press the power button and follow the instructions.
We play music in our centre through wall mounted speakers. The music and volume are pre-set to a suitable level for the ambience of the centre. You can play music through personal devices but headphones must be used, and the volume must be suitable so it does not disturb any other members enjoyment of the centre.
External speakers or playing music using internal devices speakers is not allowed in the gym or the bathrooms at any time.
We provide a limited number of free carparks for the use of our members. These carparks are only to be used by members while exercising at the centre and are subject to time restrictions.
You park in our carpark at your own risk. We are not liable for any loss or damage to your vehicle or its contents.
Please be aware of car park signs in respect to speed, time and other restrictions.
In the best interest of health and safety for our members, no animals are allowed inside the centre at any time. As a member you are entitled to access Bodyworx Fitness Centre with an Assistance Dog during staffed hours only.
Be respectful and do not behave inappropriately towards other members, guests, Bodyworx Staff or suppliers. Examples of inappropriate behaviour are:
Verbal or physical intimidation
You can bring a guest into Bodyworx during staffed hours only. Outside of staffed hours please pre-arrange. Guests are required to pay the Casual Member fee each time they want to use the facility.
Your guest must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 14 years old
- Be accompanied by you and leave when you do
- Sign the guest register and show photo ID on entry to the centre
- Follow the Facility Usage Guidelines and terms and conditions as per the Guest Register
You must never bring a Guest into the centre outside of staffed hours unless proir arrangement has been made.
We are strictly a member only 24/7 facility and access outside of staffed hours is by secure access tag only.
Our security surveillance will register when you have brought an unauthorised guest into the centre.
You will incur a fee of $50 if you bring or let into the club an unauthorised guest into the centre. We will consider cancellation of your membership by bringing an unauthorised guest into the centre outside of staffed hours. A refund on membership fees paid would not apply.
No secure access tag – No access, this is for the safety and security of all members.
What happens if you break the facility rules?
Being refused entry or receive a warning
We can refuse entry or request to leave, anyone, including members, if they act unreasonably or break the facility code, guidelines or terms and conditions of membership.
If anyone including members are requested to leave, they must do so immediately. They do not have the right to refuse our request to leave the facility and if required we will call security or the police to assist us in removing them from the premises. These actions are taken in the best interest and safety of other members and staff.
We also may warn you that you risk having your membership cancelled.
Facing instant cancellation
We can cancel your membership without warning if you behave in a way that is seriously inappropriate or considered to cause risk, such as;
- Threatening or harassing other members, guests, or staff
- Damaging equipment
- Using illegal or performance enhancing drugs
- Instructing others when we have not authorised you to do so
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inappropriate language and behaviour of a sexual nature
- Letting an unauthorised guest into the centre outside of staffed hours
What are your responsibilities?
Meeting your responsibilities
Your responsibilities, including payment of membership fees, do not depend on how often you use the centre.
You must tell us about anything that affects your membership and any changes to your personal details, contact details or bank details. You can update your own details via your login to bodyworxhokitika.gymmasteronline.com or alternatively advise in writing by email to [email protected]
Any communication about your membership whether written or verbal must be in English.
Promising to take care
You promise to;
- Make sure that you know how to exercise safely, by asking if necessary
- Use your best endeavours to exercise safely
- Not take valuables into the centre
Exclusion of liability for property
We are not liable to you or any personal property that you have lost or had stolen or damaged while in or around the centre including your vehicle and contents or any property left in the open lockers unless it has been due to the actions of a Bodyworx staff member.
You are liable for all costs of repair or replacement, if you cause any deliberate damage to the facility or equipment. We would reasonably review if your actions were deliberate or negligent.
We do not store or have access to your personal bank account or credit card details.
Allowing us to use your image
We sometimes film or photograph the centre, so it is possible you will appear in the background. By signing and authorising the Photography release on your agreement, you allow us to use your image in promotional and other business-related material.